So it seems that it’s time of the year that everyone is posting end of the year reviews and/or the year overall lists now. Looking at them all I figure I might as well do my own too because none seem to cover all the stuff I liked this year. It’s all focusing on, well it’s been an odd year really but I don’t need to repeated it all here again. Getting on with it now: my fave album of this year is, drumroll please…
1. You Yang by Lost Animal is the album I’ve enjoyed the very most this year, I think overall so have a listen if you haven’t yet. To pick just one album is hard thing to do but it’s just got to be Lost Animal‘s album You Yang and the whole album is above if you do want to have a listen. One reason is that video below for the song Too Late To Die Young with pretty much everyone dead this year seems kind-of perfect song if you know what I mean?
So I’m only going to have ten albums here with links to my full posts about them but a top ten because things just get a little silly with more than that, you know on all those other best 100, 50 or some number of albums of 2016. I’ve try and rated them in order which I always seems as a little pointless but it seems it’s the done thing in this type of things, once again here goes:
2. Nerissimo by Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld
3. Self-titled by Jesu/Sun Kil Moon
4. Feelin Kinda Free by The Drones
5. You Want It Darker by Leonard Cohen
6. A Moon Shaped Pool by Radiohead
7. Kidsticks by Beth Orton
8. The Test by Civil Civic
9. Black Peak by Xylouris White
10. Skeleton Tree by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
OK, I did say only ten albums but here’s two bonus albums to be filed under these titles:
Soundtrack album of the year. The Childhood Of A Leader by Scott Walker
Live album of the year. Before The Dawn by Kate Bush
What does everyone think about that? My picks? What is your fave album/s of the year?