Edit: Now on spotify playlist too!
The very 1st of my old mixtapes of 2018 today, if you need something to listen too?
So I’ve found all the very long lists I made of these mixtapes over the silly season but listening to this one and looking at what is written as the track listing it is wrong. I seem to have missed to write down the Napalm Death songs on this mad list and are in the wrong order too but don’t worry they’re all below and the right order! These track lists of all my mixtapes is hand written on to an A3 paper, in red pen this time but different color for each lists, years. This one goes for April 2005 to the start of Jan. 2006 with half dozen songs but then you go to the next list to find what is next, if the list is right? The paper has now gone yellow and hold together by sticky tape. All these list are fold up into a neat pile and found them in the back of a draw I’ve not looked in for a very long time.
This is the sixth on CDr so if your not looked at this blog before or for the first time? all posts before that were on cassette tapes but I didn’t finish all those but will go back to complete those later. If you wanna check all the old ones they’re all tagged here. You are listening to one I made in July 2005. That’s the little intro over for this Monday morning post so here are the songs, enjoy!
1. Son House – John The Reveler
2. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Red Right Hand [Scream 3 film rewritten and reworking version]
3. The White Stripes – I’m Lonely (But I’m Not That Lonely Yet)
4. Dirty Three – Rude (And Then Some Slight Returns)
5. Blind Willie McTell – Atlanta Strut
6. Bob Dylan – Things Have Changed
7. Bill Withers – Better Off Dead
8. Kings Of Leon – Joe’s Head
9. The Fall – Into C.B. Radio
10. Johnny Cash – One Piece At A Time
11. The Birthday Party – Big Jesus Trash Can
12. Napalm Death – Human Garbage
13. Interpol – Slow Hands
14. The White Stripes – Red Rain
15. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Feel So Good
16. The Fall – Fortress/Deer Park
17. Napalm Death – Parasites
18. Kings Of Leon – Four Kicks
19. Johnny Cash – Long Black Veil
20. Bob Dylan – When To See The Gypsy
21. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – In The Ghetto
We get one or a couple each of a few of my faves back then by some indie rockers of 2000’s. Four sung by Cave, re-written/worked RRH for a movie but it was never used at the time, Birthday Party epic, J. B. Lenoir cover and Elvis P cover. Dylan’s Gypsy has been rumored to be Elvis himself which that’s from 70’s and other is from 2000’s movie Wonder Boys. A couple of very old blues songs, 80’s The Fall and Napalm Death, 70’s singer-songwriter Withers and then off course some C&W by Cash. A total mix bag again but I still love all of them actually!
Now that I’ve found all those lists of the mixtapes on CDrs I’m not keen in doing these playlist posts. It was kind-of the point to find out what’s on them but I do now know, well kind-off it was wrong as I pointed out but mostly right. Who out there still wants me to do these posts? I wish my tape deck was working so could finish those cassette tapes as I wanted to do in the first place. Maybe I’ll just thrown in a mixtape playlist every now and then, OK? What does anyone, everyone think about that then?
Did you dig that mix? Got a fave track/s, please let me know?