Blah-blah-blah, this year or post is where the 60’s are all over! I don’t know need to come up anything because it’s the last one but not that have really says much in any of these 60’s posts intros. The 60’s intro bits have been pretty shit, sorry about but I hope the music I picked out is pretty good or even great?
Sorry, if no one can keep up with these 60’s posts, I’ve race quickly though it but they’re here for listening anytime. It’s not like I’m going delete them all, same like all the 70’s, the 80’s, the 90’s and some of 2000’s, click on the decade if want them right now because linked the tag if you need them? Or here the Where I Was In… tag too! There is an easy way to archive my old blog posts, I should update my page sometime?
I was thinking to do the 50’s playlists because I do think it’s very under rated decade for music but I might have to give these year lists that play a bit of a break. I have said this before and then changed my mind, I guess maybe might mean a week, a month, a year? But I have got a couple years almost ready to go just to round this little project off, any guess which years it could be?
The (Edit 18/4/19) now 38 tracks for the 60’s, the year 1960 is…
- Bo Diddley – Road Runner
- Gene Vincent – Pistol Packin’ Mama
- Chet Atkins – Boo Boo Stick Beat
- Link Wray – Comanche
- Miles Davis – The Pan Piper
- Duane Eddy – Kommotion
- Fats Domino – Walking To New Orleans
- Jimmy Smith – Back At The Chicken Shack
- Muddy Waters – Tiger In Your Tank
- Max Roach & Abbey Lincoln – Driva Man
- Charles Mingus – Half-Mast Inhibition
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton – A Rockin’ Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- John Coltrane – Giant Steps
- Paul Robeson – No More Auction Block
- John Lee Hooker – Whiskey Wimmen
- Nina Simone – Nina’s Blues
- The Shadows – Apache
- Eden Ahbez – The Wanderer
- Mississippi Fred McDowell – Freight Train Blues
- Ray Charles – Georgia On My Mind
- James Brown – Think!
- Wanda Jackson – Let’s Have A Party
- James Booker – Gonzo
- Little Willie John – I’m Shakin’
- Ben E. King – Spanish Harlem
- Wes Montgomery – So Do It!
- Johnny Cash – Oh Lonesome Me
- Bill Evans – Peri’s Scope
- Julie London – Black Coffee
- Ornette Coleman – Change Of The Century
- The Everly Brothers – Baby What You Want Me To Do
- Roy Orbison – Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Miriam Makeba – The Click Song
- Loretta Lynn – I’m A Honky Tonk Girl
- Elvis Presley – Fever
- Joan Baez – Silver Dagger
- Etta James – All I Could Do Was Cry
- Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee – Pick A Bale Of Cotton
Want is your fave song/s from the year 1960? Why not share it with me now? Pretty please?