OK, here’s a post for all the movie buffs out there! Or if you need something to watch this weekend? Or whenever you see this? Actually I think, I started to put this list together a very longtime ago kind-of in reply to Ozflicks but never posted it way back then. Ozflicks blog is more like a huge amazing Aussie movie database! It’s detail is mind bogging, if you’ve never checked it out? Shout out to Cincinnati Babyhead blogger for kind-of getting me to final finished it today!
So to me these are the best Aussie films but all the movie bloggers/followers/readers can tell me how wrong I am? My selection goes down to stuff that really stay with me along time or seen it more than just a few times. I guess, a lot of them are? Or maybe, if not all of them? Are totally goofball stuff but it’s down to my personal taste! I somehow and amazingly I got it down to my top 30 this time as well too! I haven’t done any film blog posts for a little/long while but it’s yet another list today. Maybe I should try blogging some fave films sooner or later? Also including some more movies in those A to Z posts, if you’ve not notice? Which I’ve only just stated doing them! After those are done I might blog films in more detail, OK?
Anyway my fave Aussie films of all-time which are these below in alphabet order and NOT ranted in anyway, shape or form because all 30 are bloody great in my mind:
- Angel Baby (1995) Director: Michael Rymer, Stars: Jacqueline McKenzie, Colin Friels, John Lynch.
- Bad Boy Bubby (1993) Director: Rolf de Heer, Stars: Nicholas Hope, Claire Benito.
- Bliss (1985) Director: Ray Lawrence, Stars: Barry Otto, Lynette Curran.
- The Boys (1998) Director: Rowan Woods, Stars: David Wenham, Toni Collette.
- Candy (2006) Director: Neil Armfield, Stars: Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish.
- The Cars That Ate Paris (1974) Director: Peter Weir, Stars: Terry Camilleri, John Meillon.
- Chopper (2000) Director: Andrew Dominik, Stars: Eric Bana.
- Cosi (1996) Director: Mark Joffe, Stars: Ben Mendelsohn, Barry Otto, Toni Collette.
- Dead Calm (1989) Director: Phillip Noyce, Stars: Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill, Billy Zane.
- Death In Brunswick (1990) Director: John Ruane, Stars: Sam Neill, Zoe Carides, John Clarke.
- Dogs In Space (1986) Director: Richard Lowenstein, Stars: Michael Hutchence, Saskia Post.
- Flirting (1991) Director: John Duigan, Stars: Noah Taylor, Thandie Newton.
- Ghosts… Of The Civil Dead (1988) Director: John Hillcoat, Stars: David Field, Mike Bishop, Nick Cave.
- Idiot Box (1996) Director: David Caesar, Stars: Ben Mendelsohn, Jeremy Sims.
- The Interview (1998) Director: Craig Monahan, Stars: Hugo Weaving, Tony Martin.
- Lantana (2001) Director: Ray Lawrence, Stars: Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush.
- Love Serenade (1996) Director: Shirley Barrett, Stars: Miranda Otto, Rebecca Frith.
- Malcolm (1986) Director: Nadia Tass, Stars: Colin Friels, John Hargreaves, Lindy Davies.
- My Brilliant Career (1979) Director: Gillian Armstrong, Stars: Judy Davis, Sam Neill.
- The Nostradamus Kid (1993) Director: Bob Ellis, Stars: Noah Taylor, Miranda Otto.
- Picnic At Hanging Rock (1975) Director: Peter Weir, Stars: Rachel Roberts, Anne-Louise Lambert, Vivean Gray.
- Praise (1998) Director: John Curran, Stars: Peter Fenton, Sacha Horler.
- The Proposition (2005) Director: John Hillcoat, Stars: Ray Winstone, Guy Pearce.
- Romper Stomper (1992) Director: Geoffrey Wright, Stars: Russell Crowe, Daniel Pollock, Jacqueline McKenzie.
- Snowtown (2011) Director: Justin Kurzel, Stars: Lucas Pittaway, Daniel Henshall, Louise Harris.
- Sweetie (1989) Director: Jane Campion, Stars: Geneviève Lemon, Karen Colston.
- Van Diemen’s Land (2009) Director: Jonathan auf der Heide, Stars: Oscar Redding, Arthur Angel.
- Wake In Fright (1971) Director: Ted Kotcheff, Stars: Donald Pleasence, Gary Bond.
- Walkabout (1971) Director: Nicolas Roeg, Stars: Jenny Agutter, David Gulpilil.
- The Year My Voice Broke (1987) Director: John Duigan, Stars: Noah Taylor, Loene Carmen, Ben Mendelsohn.
I do really hope you enjoy them if you do check any of them out? But you might be thinking WTF am I watching!
Dare, double dare or even triple dare to you too name your own fave Aussie films of all-time now? Pretty please with ice cream and berry’s on top!