So kind-of following yesterday’s post, it’s flashback to 20 years ago today. This really is going be very biased post today because I’m culling down 100 songs down to my all-time top 15 tracks from the year 2000 that did appeared in triple j’s Hottest 100 way back then! These are my own favorites and wanted just listen toooo, when seen their sister radio station double j is playing it all again in full. Sorry, if your own faves isn’t below because it’s mine, you know and does anyone out there agree with me? Some other pretty good, OK, not bad and then fucking terrible songs made the original countdown but here and now on my little blog I can kind-of re-write it all the way I like it! So here’s what I rate the highest or better into simple and wicked top 15, embedding some of the video clips or the full length album songs with my two cents comments about each song:
15. Rage Against the Machine – Renegades of Funk was number 95, the first track entering this countdown by them so couple of other tracks were much higher but this is my own fave of these guys around this time, I’m kicking off with it:
14. PJ Harvey – Good Fortune only made it to number bloody 90 which just totally proves jjj listeners don’t know nothing!
13. Slipknot – Wait and Bleed was somehow at number 75, what the motherfuckin’ hell jjj listeners!
12. Tex Perkins – I Know Y’Know I Know did make in at number 72 but I’ve just gotta have so much higher, I’m going say that a lot more:
11. Fiona Apple – Fast as You Can was at number 62, once again jjj listeners are shitheads for putting this so far up:
10. The Fauves – Give Up Your Day Job is rounding out my top 10 but originally was number 58 but so much better track than a lot of the rubbish jjj plays:
9. Dandy Warhols – Get Off was number 49 but is my all-time fave DW song! Bohemian Like You was at number 10 but I’ll pick this one over that one everyday of the week:
8. Moloko – The Time Is Now is amazing song but only hit number 45 but I think, love it even more now than back then, you know?
7. Radiohead – Everything in Its Right Place for some dumb reason this was at number 42, really are all jjj listeners fuckheads?
6. A Perfect Circle – Judith did end up at number 34 but is my top oversea act so would rate it as my own number 6 of this year:
5. You Am I – Damage was at number 23 but this beautiful track needs to much higher in my opinion so changing it to my number five:
4. Magic Dirt – Dirty Jeans did end up just outside of their top 10 at number 12 but I’m changing it to my four now, OK?
3. Paul Kelly – Every Fucking City was number 9 and I think, it’s still PK highest song ever in any Hottest 100 but has to be my number three of 2000:
2. The Avalanches – Frontier Psychiatrist was number 6 but I love it to death so easy has to be my own number two:
- Powderfinger – My Kind of Scene was number 3 my own top track but I still think, this is a better song that the one that ended up winning overall. If you’ve forgotten Powderfinger won the very top spot with My Happiness but here’s My Kind of Scene instead:
That’s is so much shorter, what do you think? Sorry, about all the swearing name calling at jjj listeners they’re really not that bad! That’s seven Aussie acts’ tracks with five America and three English. If you need reminding of what did actually made it way back then into their countdown, here’s the full list linked here. Like I did say they’re playing it all again sometime? But I forget when that was now? Off course, some great songs didn’t even make it back then and it really wasn’t also that long ago I’d posted something else about the year 2000 music but hopefully not repeating too much? Oh well, if I did but because I’ve done this whole post already! Hope you did enjoy all, some or just one of the song/s if you had a listen? Do please tell me what’s your own fave song/s of year 2000 tooo?